Scott Rostohar is a copywriter at T3 in Austin, TX. He's as smart as he is tall. (And I'm not just saying that because he's on my team.)
1. Why advertising?
The movie "What Women Want" came out right when I hit puberty. So, I went to see it. There's a scene where Mel Gibson pitches Nike on a TV spot. I learned two things after seeing the scene:
1) Mel Gibson overacts
2) I want to make ads
2. So is this business as glamorous as Mel made it seem?
3. What advice would you give yourself when you were starting your career?
Keep creating. And never lose this passion, hunger, and drive.
4. What’s the best thing you’ve read lately?
This. It motivates me to not give up on a project, no matter how small.
5. Favorite book?
Right now, I'd say Justin Halpern’s “I Suck at Girls”. It's funny, I learned something about relationships, and it cuts out all the filler most stories have nowadays.
6. Sites you visit every day?
StartupLi.st, sulia.com, helpmebefuckingcreative.com, and BuzzFeed.
7. What do you do when you’re stuck for ideas?
I get up from my desk and walk somewhere, anywhere. Keeping your body stuck in one place won't help your mind.
Check out Scott's work at ScottRostohar.com and follow him on twitter @srostohar.